Increasingly, our customers are seeking ways to shrink the carbon footprint of their buildings, property and facilities. As industry leaders in painting and maintenance solutions, we are 100% focused on keeping the environment looking as clean and green as the Carus logo.
Painting and maintenance can be a dirty job so we’ve made the move to more environmentally friendly solutions including:
- Using, wherever possible, water-based paints.
- Using an Enviro-wash paint waste disposal system to recycle the dirty paint waste water produced each day. This system is recognised and approved by both Environment Canterbury (ECAN) and the Christchurch City Council and has its own trade waste license.
- Ensuring all our team are aware of and take the necessary action to reduce any adverse impact from the paint or application of products through all aspects of our business.
Carus is committed to actively working to achieve the following:
- Protecting the environment and preventing pollution related to its activities, and
- Complying with all applicable NZ Environmental legislation, and
- Continually improving our performance relating to the above.
To achieve this all staff will need to be actively involved, with Environmental to be discussed in team meetings. Sarah Johnson (Environmental Specialist) will monitor compliance as well as progress on ongoing environmental projects.
Our method to achieve the desired outcomes is:
- Regularly (at a minimum annually) assess our activities and their effects upon the environment in a systematic and logical fashion.
- Identify the actions we need to take to address each effect.
- Set targets based on the actions we need to take.
- Monitor (monthly or quarterly) our progress on each target.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Reduce number of hazardous substances used to minimise the potential health and safety impacts to staff
- Monitor staff travel to reduce fuel use
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
8th June 2018