As a market leader in painting and maintenance solutions, Health and Safety is always first and foremost in our minds when planning work and carrying out our duties.
What this means for our customers is:
- Total commitment to continually developing and maintaining safety systems and procedures.
- Our people carry the applicable training certificates & qualifications required.
- Our people are police checked and we operate a random drug and alcohol policy.
- Staff needing to use Elevated Work Platforms and/or Rope & Harness are trained and hold the relevant NZQA Unit Standards.
- Carus ensure that every worksite has a current First Aid certified staff member.
- Comprehensive Site Specific Safety Plans are provided for every Carus worksite.
Carus Group Ltd is committed to ensuring that understanding health and safety responsibilities is an integral part of all management positions. The company director, Richard Fisher, and General Manager, Harvey Fisher, take their PCBU responsibilities very seriously.
We have worked extensively with Leigh Tobeck, Health & Safety Systems Ltd, to develop our strategy to manage health and safety risk and hazards in all areas of our business.
Our policy is to conduct our business at all times without risk to our workers. Every worker is expected to share in the commitment to this policy.
We have been through the following audits and prequalification programmes:
- ACC Work Safety Management Practices – Secondary Level, valid to 30 November 2018.
- Site Safe’s SiteWise – Green score (77%), issued 8 December 2016.
- Otago University Approved Contractor’s List valid for 4 years.
- T0tika – Carus achieved an overall score of 89% giving us a 5 star rating for the next two years
- Carus has Public Liability Insurance to $10M cover, and all vehicles have full insurance, including third party.
Carus Health and Safety Certificates
Carus Health and Safety Policy
The management of Carus Group Ltd is committed to continuous improvement in Health and Safety and undertakes to:
Provide each worker with a safe and healthy workplace.
Take all practicable steps to prevent accidents and incidents and protect workers, members of the public and contractors from risk and to promote the health and well-being of workers.
In meeting this commitment we will:
- Establish and insist upon safe methods and safe practices at all times.
- Comply with all legislative requirements, codes of practice and safe operating procedures relevant to our workplace.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are accurately reported and recorded.
It is the policy of Carus Group Ltd to conduct our business at all times without risk to our workers. We acknowledge our ongoing commitment to and responsibility for maintaining the highest possible health and safety standards. The safety and occupational health of our workers is a matter of prime concern to the company.
Every worker is expected to share in the commitment to this policy. We encourage all workers to take responsibility for their own safety and that of others while at work and to actively involve themselves in the health and safety process.