Carus Group Coronavirus (COVID19) Update
Carus takes the unprecedented effects of COVID-19 on New Zealand and the rest of the world very seriously. We recognise this is going to change the way we work, so with this in mind we want to give our customers piece of mind that the health, safety and well being of our employees, contractors and customers is our number one fundamental priority. To ensure the strict measures of health and safety are maintained, we are taking the following actions:
- Keeping up to date with official government and WHO announcements, information and advice
- Ensuring all Carus employees and contractors are aware of health and safety protocol under all alert levels
- Providing relevant, up to date and clear advice to Carus employees and contractors on what procedure to follow should they fall ill.
- All domestic air travel has been put on hold.
- Carus employees are provided with regular updates on any changes to relevant organisational policies and procedures which is relevant to their health, safety and well being
- Providing Carus employees on relevant, up to date information on COVID-19 and how it impacts on their work
- Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in the workplace, although where practically possible, administration and management staff will be working from home
- Ensuring Carus employees and contractors are aware of how to use PPE
- Obtaining additional PPE for employees and contractors
- Adding COVID-19 to all worksite risk assessments
- Actively working with suppliers and customers to establish and determine appropriate risk protocols on a job by job basis.
- Keeping an active register on sites of who is where for contact tracing purposes
If you have any questions about how Carus is responding to COVID-19, please to not hesitate to contact us. Charlotte England People and Development Manager